We cannot deny that technology in the home and in all areas that can be imagined, has had unimaginable reaches, which has greatly facilitated daily activities. We can notably make these advances day by day within our home, thanks to the development of applications that allow us to control various functions through a device, which turns our home into a smart home.
In this homify article, we invite you to learn more in detail about the characteristics of a house that applies technology to its benefit, aesthetics and functionality; in the same way, how technology influences the home and the impact of science and technology on modern homes.
Advantages of technological advances in the home
Smart homes and advances in home technology allow:
– Save energy: as we mentioned earlier, design is integrated into technology, achieving ecological projects, where materials are sought that allow us to save energy, also implementing solar panels. By being able to control household appliances from a device, the energy consumption of these appliances is also reduced. When planning to power your home with solar energy then it is suggested to hire the best Solar installers in bakersfield ca that can provide more information on the exact steps you will need to take to power your home with solar energy.
– All the lights in the house can be turned on and off
– Have a privileged climate throughout the year thanks to the thermostats.
– You can see what is happening inside the house at any time, thanks to smart cameras.
– Program devices at the time you want or need.
– Security for each member of the family, thanks to the different alarms that are available in a smart home. Get inspired by the spectacular multimedia room designs, created by our professionals.
Advances in home technology:
Technology is present in our homes in various appliances that we use every day such as television, microwave, washing machine, blender, coffee makers, etc.
These appliances have evolved through history; Before, for example, an iron was made of iron and today there are very sophisticated steam models that greatly facilitate ironing and care of clothes. Microwaves have not radically changed their operation, but they have had an evolution in terms of design and measurements, looking more aesthetic and attractive, and the same happens with other appliances.
In addition, and even with small or large apparent changes, these devices have a technological evolution that allows them to be controlled through mobile devices and computers for their operation: off, on and activate certain functions for their operation.
Very useful technological devices in the home
These technological devices have also evolved rapidly; both in its functions and in its ergonomics. These machines and devices have artificial intelligence, a term that was born in the 50’s thanks to Alan Turing, who questioned whether a machine could think.
Artificial intelligence is that which machines show us, perceiving their environment and carrying out actions that increase their chances of success, in some objective or task. These technological advances have not been limited; Technology has expanded its range because today we can find furniture that facilitates certain tasks, such as, for example, you can already find bedside tables that can charge the cell phone battery or coffee makers that turn off on their own after a while of being on without being used.
Types of technology to perform efficient functions in the home:
1. Telemetry: it is a remote command system, which to function requires a computer to perform a task. Thanks to a program, a person can see their home from a distance and can indicate the tasks that need to be done, as long as they are connected to broadband internet.
2. Domotics: this technology allows interaction with the home through a cell phone and works in a similar way to telemetry, the difference is that the actions can be performed through a mobile device.
When designing a house with state-of-the-art technology, it is necessary to have specialized advice.
Main technological devices in the home:
Today there are many technological devices for the home, which have the ability to relate to each other thanks to the Internet of Things .
But what is the Internet of Things? We will briefly tell you that it is the digitized interconnection of everyday objects to the internet, seeking to connect more things and objects than people.
Examples of devices connected to the internet and how they work at home:
That said, we can find devices such as:
– Surveillance cameras : these cameras have automatic sensors that warn us of any risk and although this is not something new, the design of the models is perfectly integrated into the style of the house, resulting in aesthetic and attractive features, in addition to having functions more sophisticated. These cameras are connected by WiFi to the home network, so that what happens inside our home can be controlled at all times.
– Smart lights: LED lights are already present in most homes, allowing considerable energy savings. But if you want to take the next step, you can design an intelligent system with which you can control the light as you please and at all times. These lights can be controlled through the cell phone and other devices, just by touching the screen or through a voice command.
-Robotic Vacuums: Tired of vacuuming the whole house? there is already the solution to stop doing it. Today you can get disk-like vacuum cleaners, which can be programmed to vacuum the home, without lifting a finger.
– Plugs: here we can find wireless options that can be controlled remotely and others that have functions that can be manipulated through a telephone. Their great advantage is that they can interact with other electronic devices .
– Thermostats: a comfortable and cozy home is what we all dream of and temperature plays a key role in achieving these goals. Smart thermostats ensure the ideal climate for the house at any time of year and adjust to different rooms in the home.
Smart homes, a perfect example of advances in technology in the home
A smart home is one that has the ability to control information through devices or commands so that it works basically by itself. In this way, architecture and cutting-edge technology are integrated to satisfy the needs and comforts of a family.
In this way, electricity, electronics and computers are combined in the technical design of the house, to control, for example, the heating, the switching on and off of different devices (television, coffee maker, etc.), as well as the lights of the home among other functions.
Smart homes can be divided into:
Smart homes can be divided into:
– Controllable houses: each member of the family can control a device efficiently. There are houses with interconnected devices so that television, screens, music, speakers, etc., connect with each other through a broadband network. There are also houses that are controlled by a voice or movement command, where facial gestures are also recognized.
– Programmable houses: as its name implies, the house can be programmed to turn on or off certain appliances through the devices. In some cases they can be programmed by timers, setting the time you want them to turn on or off and others in which the house recognizes situations, identifying different sensors, creating different environments and scenarios for the comfort of the inhabitants of the city. home: relaxing music and dim lights for a long day
– Smart homes: in a smart home, the functions do not need to be programmed since the house will perform them by itself. A smart home must adapt to the customs and style of those who inhabit it, identifying constant activities, thus, the house will program itself to recognize the scenarios and program the on or off of certain elements.